Friday, October 14, 2011

Using Your Food Storage to Save Money

http://everydayfoodstorage.net/
This is such a great resource!  She'll show you how to make your own poptarts, frozen pizzas, and how to use your beans, wheat, rice, powdered milk and eggs is delicious ways.  Thanks to Crystal, I now rotate quickly through my food storage items by using them every day in my mixes and meals.  We especially love the recipes for blender wheat pancakes and waffles (easy to make them ahead to have it ready to go in the morning!).  And the gingerbread blender pancakes are such a delicious treat!

http://dealstomeals.blogspot.com/
This is another blog that offers more great recipes using your food storage.  Her main business is selling weekly shopping lists and recipes based on local sales, but her recipes for food storage and her videos explaining her storage process have been invaluable to me.  She has a bulk marinara recipe that freezes well and I also use her "Emilie's Whole Wheat Bread" recipe when I make bread for my family.  No white flour and it RISES!  That's been a long time coming for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment